seduction dating

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Mission 1 Day 2: Turn off your inner voice

DAY 2: TURN OFF YOUR INNER VOICE

Thinking is basically just asking yourself questions all the time. I learned a bit about toughtloops in a Tyler Durden audio seminar. Here´s an example of a tought loop:

Oh man, I feel pissed off.
Why am I pissed off?
Because this and this happened
Oh man, I feel pissed off.
etc.

Sounds familiar?
Many times I find myself getting caught in such a tought loop. It doesn´t help you one bit to get caught in tought loops. It´s only a waste of energy. If I´m caught in such a loop long enough it really tires me out.

So instead of interupting the loop with better affirmations, which I usually do, today I just try to turn my internal voice of completely. I think this is exactly what the zen monks are doing when they are meditating.

When I did this I became relaxed immediately. In the beginning, it feels a little bit awkward. Especially if you are used to having conversations with yourself all the time, like me. But I´m sure if I practice this long enough, it will become a habit.